- Who we are
C.F. ELITE TUTORS LTD (“we”, “us”) is the owner of The Online Greek Tutor website and is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. C.F. ELITE TUTORS LTD is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. For more information about us and how to contact us, please see section 7 of this notice.
This notice will tell you, our client, or prospective client, how we use personal information we collect about you in the course of providing services to you and what rights you have in respect to your personal information.
- The kind of information we hold about you
We will collect, store, and use the following information about our clients and prospective clients:
- full name
- email address
- phone number
This information is necessary to provide you with our services, to perform our contract or to manage our relationship, including to respond to any enquiries and resolve any complaints and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also use your contact details to provide you with marketing information about our products where you have provided your consent.
We also process the above categories of information based on our legitimate interests, in order to prevent fraud or protect your, our, or others’ rights or when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our services and protect our rights and property, that of our clients and/or partners.
- With whom do we share your personal information
- Internal concerned parties – we share your information with our employees, limited to those employees or partners who need to know the information in order to provide you with our services.
- Financial providers and payment processors – we share your financial information about you for payment purposes.
- Business partners – we may share your information with business partners, such as storage providers and IT companies, accountants and accreditation who help us provide you with our service.
- Regulatory supervisors and our legal and other consultants – we may disclose any information in case we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary in order to enforce our Terms or Client Agreement, take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, protect the security or integrity of the site and our servers and protect the rights and property of C.F. ELITE TUTORS LTD, its users and/or partners.
- How we will use information about you
We only share your data if it is:
- Necessary for the purpose of our contract with you
- Necessary due to a legal obligation
- Necessary for a legitimate interest we have, after considering your own interests.
- Necessary in the public interest
We have robust processes in place to ensure that the confidentiality of your personal data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access to it and its use. Decisions on whether we release your personal data to third parties are subject to a strict approval process and based on a detailed assessment of:
- who is requesting the data
- the purpose for which it is required
- the level and sensitivity of data requested; and
- the arrangements in place to securely store and handle the data
To be granted access to your personal data, organisations must comply with our strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of the data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data. We will not share your data with a third country.
- How we protect your information and for how long we keep it
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Your information is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access to your information only to those employees or partners that need to know the information in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes. Retention periods will be determined by legal requirements, by the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, having regard to our policy to destroy outdated, unused information without undue delay. Under applicable regulations, we are obliged to keep records containing client personal data, trading information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations for five years from the account closing date.
- Your rights
You have the right to:
Request a copy of your information, together with information about how this is processed.
Request correction of the information that we hold about you. Please inform us if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Request erasure of your information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Object to processing of your information where we are relying on our legitimate interest for example where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy.
Request the transfer of your information to another party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where we process this information on the basis of your consent or to perform our contract and we carry out the processing by automated means.
Marketing and opting out – We will occasionally send you marketing information where you have provided your consent for us to do so. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by opting-out by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each marketing e-mail, by contacting us or by changing your marketing preferences in your account settings. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from marketing material, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- How to contact us and how to make a complaint
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, make a complaint or receive more information, please contact us using the details provided below:
Attn. Chrysovalantis Filippou
Despoina Court 1
Flat 1, 7000, Meneou
You also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority. For Cyprus, the relevant Data Protection Authority is the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection (http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy)