Who we are (The Data Controllers)
‘The Online Greek Tutor’
Despoina Court 1
Flat 1, 7000, Meneou
The nominated Data Protection Manager is
Categories of People for who we hold Personal Data
We hold personal data relating to
- People who correspond with us
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include
- Personal information (such as name and email address)
- Lesson notes
Why we collect and use this information
The personal data is necessary for us to:
- enable us to provide our services to you under the terms of our contract with you
- inform our own marketing, risk and diversity policies
- comply with our legal obligations, for example tax
We do not use your personal data to make automated decisions or for profiling.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
Processing is necessary for either
- the performance of our contract with you or for us to take steps for us to enter into a contract
- the legitimate interests of ourselves or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms. Such as to enable us to run our business, make marketing and risk decisions or to enable us to comply with our compliance obligations.
- the performance is in compliance with a legal obligation such as providing information to a tax or other authority.
Collecting this information
The information you provide to us is on a voluntary basis. We cannot provide our services to you without processing and disclosing your personal data.
Storing this information
We hold your data for seven years following the last date we communicated with you after which time it is securely disposed of and/or deleted
Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
- People in connection with the operation of our business such as IT companies, accountants, accreditation and regulatory bodies
- People to whom we have a legal duty, such as the police and government agencies
Why we share your information
We do not share information about you with anyone without consent unless the law or our policies allow us to do so.
We only share your data if it is
- Necessary for the purpose of our contract with you
- Necessary due to a legal obligation
- Necessary for a legitimate interest we have, after considering your own interests.
- Necessary in the pubic interest
We have robust processes in place to ensure that the confidentiality of your personal data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access to it and its use. Decisions on whether we release your personal data to third parties are subject to a strict approval process and based on a detailed assessment of:
- who is requesting the data
- the purpose for which it is required
- the level and sensitivity of data requested; and
- the arrangements in place to securely store and handle the data
To be granted access to your personal data, organisations must comply with its strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of the data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data. We will not share your data with a third country.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact The Data Protection Manager.
You also have the right to
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Cyprus Information Commissioner’s Office at;
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the data protection manager at the above address.