Are you ready to learn Cypriot Greek? In this lesson, Valentinos is presenting to us 5 Cypriot Greek expressions. Are you of Cypriot descent? Are you interested in learning some Cypriot Greek expressions and communicate with Cypriots in the local dialect? if so, watch this video and learn the expressions.
About the Cypriot Greek dialect
Cypriot Greek is the dialect that is spoken by the Cypriots both living in Cyprus and abroad (Greek Cypriot diaspora). Even though it is considered as a Greek dialect, due to the distance from mainland Greece and the isolation from the rest of the Greek-speaking world led to the development of various linguistic characteristics distinct from standard modern Greek. So what are you waiting for? Let’s learn Cypriot Greek!
We suggest the following method to get the most out of this video:
1. Watch it twice without subtitles and try to understand what it is said
2. Put the subtitles (click the gear icon in the right corner of the video) and watch with subtitles in Greek and English
3. Write down and memorize all the unknown words
4. Try to write sentences with the new words that you have learned
5. Upgrade your subscription and access the video lesson’s full transcript, a transcript with gaps to practice your listening and extra exercises to understand better the topic of the video lesson. Upgrading your subscription you will also contribute to the creation of more video lessons. Click below to learn more: