In this beginners course for learning Greek, you will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of the needs of a concrete type.
- Introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows, and things he/she has.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need.
What happens after I pay: After your payment, one of our professional Greek tutors will contact you via email to welcome you to the course and give you instructions on how to join the teacher-led lessons online. You will need a computer with video capabilities and a microphone to be able to attend the lesson. If following your first few sessions you do not feel comfortable that you meet the course prerequisites and you would prefer to switch to a different course, you will be able to discuss this with your teacher and we can switch you to a new course.
If you are not sure what your level is, please contact us to arrange a FREE online evaluation meeting so that we can place you in the correct group.